Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Battle Cookie: Insomnia Cookies vs Levain Bakery

I'm going to cut right to it... Levain Bakery has the BEST COOKIES IN THE WORLD. They are easily the winner in this battle, but Insomnia is no slouch at all!

At Levain, you get a big, thick cookie that has a crunch on the outside but is warm, soft, chewy, & moist on the inside. It almost tastes as though a tiny portion of the inside is still slightly raw but it's not... it's just THAT good! I've sampled the Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie & the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. The Chocolate Chip Walnut is where it's at. If you're not a walnut fan, don't be scared off by it... They are not overwhelming at all, and fit in just right with the warm chocolate chips spread throughout the cookie dough batter. Levain has found a way to put a large slice of heaven in cookie form. I'm happy that this cookie has come into my life. I love you.

Weirded out at all? Have their cookie & you'll understand. I promise.

At Insomnia, you get a big, thin cookie that is warm, soft, & chewy. It's thin enough where you feel it could fall apart at any point, but it doesnt. I had the $1 chocolate chip cookie as well as the $2.25 peanut butter chocolate cookie. Both are amazing and will leave you with a giant smile on your face. The peanut butter cookie was super peanut butter-y, which was right up my alley! They also had plenty of other flavors to choose from that I'll be sampling in the near future.

The great thing about both Levain & Insomnia is that they serve you their cookies right out of the oven so they are always warm :-D It's clear that these two places are pros.

Levain can be found on the UWS at 74th & Amsterdam (http://www.levainbakery.com/).

Insomnia is located by NYU on W 8th St between 6th Ave & MacDougal (http://www.insomniacookies.com/).

Levain's Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie:

The variety of cookies at Levain (I'll be back for their Chocolate Peanut Butter):

The 2 cookies I enjoyed from Insomnia:

No comments:

Post a Comment