Sunday, February 19, 2012

Brunch at Bubby's

This past Saturday, with Jess in Austin for her bachelorette party, I went to Bubby's in Tribeca with my parents. Based on the name, I assumed that Bubby's was going to be an old, small spot that served Jewish food. I showed up and quickly saw house cured bacon on the Specials sign outside. My assumption was wrong. We got there at 12:45 and had to wait 30 minutes for a table of 3. Not too shabby since it was seasonably warm and the sun was shining.

Bubby's has a great, homey vibe in the main dining room... high ceilings with floor-to-ceiling windows give it a very open feel, and there's great art and decorations all over the room.


This would all be for naught if the food didn't live up to the expectations. All three of us got some combo of the griddle special (2 pancakes + eggs any style + bacon, grits, or sausage). I did banana-walnut pancakes with 2 sunny-side up eggs and chicken sausage. Pancakes were tier 1... light and fluffy with lots of taste. The walnuts were baked into the pancakes and were topped with a healthy amount of caramelized bananas. The eggs were cooked perfectly and along with the tasty chicken sausage & whole wheat toast, it was a fantastic compliment to the flapjacks.


My mom & dad both agreed that this was a fantastic brunch spot and well worth the 30-minute wait. It should be noted that I was full from this meal 8 hours after eating... it's hearty. I'll definitely be coming back here in the near future, and recommend you check it out as well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment