Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Clinton Street Baking Company

11 AM... Saturday Morning... Memorial Day Weekend... Party of 5... Wait time = 90-120 minutes! And, I can't say that I was all that surprised. Wait times were comparable the previous 2 times I was here and those were for parties of 2. After this wait time was announced, our party of 5 dropped to a party of 3 (me, Jess, and my pancake-loving mother), and our wait time dropped to 60 minutes.

The scene outside Clinton Street:


We quickly started things off by sharing a biscuit with butter and jam. People (myself included) are so excited for the pancakes that you forget that this is a full-fledged bakery and everything put in that oven looks amazing. The biscuit and jam is a great way to whet your appetite for the main course.

Pancakes, pancakes, pancakes! After having gone blueberry the previous 2 times I was here, I decided to switch it up a bit and ordered the banana-walnut pancakes. They were just as good as the blueberry pancakes (which lost to Food Network's Bobby Flay in "Throwdown: Pancakes" and are famously delicious). The banana-walnut rendition may be even better for me since I'm more of a banana-walnut guy (I like "the crunch"). The pancakes are large, thick and fluffy, filled with a ton of bananas and chopped walnuts, and topped with even more! Plus, the pancakes are dusted with some cinnamon and sugar. To make matters even sweeter, the flapjacks are served with a warm maple butter syrup. It all adds up to some of the best pancakes you've ever had. Also in contention are Cookshop and The Smith (imho). If you are into pancakes, you need to try these!! They WILL rock your world.

Before:

After:

Jess, who got the pancakes the last time I dragged her here :-) ordered a tasty omelet this time around.

This dish was much more up her alley and she enjoyed it very much! Is it the kinda omelet that you wait 60 minutes for? No! But it is if you're a great girlfriend and your boyfriend is a pancake-lover, like me!

I think I've said enough about these pancakes, but just in case I haven't, GO!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment